825 Central Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28204
here for a map!
SHOW BOOKING FAQ
Mon-Thu 12 pm - 8 pm
Fri-Sat 12 pm - 9 pm
Sun 1 pm - 6 pm
SELLING US YOUR USED
CDS, LPS, DVDS
You can park in the red spaces marked on the map below:
We are a record store. We sell LPs, cds, DVDs, 7"s, stickers, patches,
buttons, magazines , books, record storage & cleaning supplies, and more.
New & Used. We want to buy your LPs, 7"s, CDs, DVDs, etc. We also
provide a space for bands to play, over 250 so far!
Voted "Best Place To Buy CDs" by Charlotte
Creative Loafing in 2008 & 2006!
We now sell tickets for NEIGHBORHOOD THEATRE shows.
Sometimes we sell them for THE MILESTONE too.
They are cash only but since we were feeling nice we decided to have NO SERVICE CHARGE. Whoopee!! For a complete list of shows we have tickets to go here.
View Larger Map
- ARE YOU CLOSING/GOING OUT OF BUSINESS/BLAH BLAH?
no. we're doing just fine. glad to see you're concerned. you should come buy some stuff to help show your concern.
- BUT I HEARD THIS RUMOR THAT BLAH BLAH BLAH....?
you heard wrong. sorry.
- SO YOU ONLY SELL RECORDS?
??? where do people come up with these questions? we dream that such a store would be possible in Charlotte, but we're not crazy either. we have thousands of cds, hundreds of dvds, and thousands of records. we sell them all new & used.
- DO YOU BUY CDS/LPS/DVDS/TAPES/78S/45S/ETC.?
we buy used cds, dvds, LPs, 7"s, 10"s. we don't buy tapes or 78s. we buy music videos but we're pretty picky on those. we pay the most for your LPs & 7"s especially. if you sell them to the giant fake indie store you're probably getting ripped off.
- WELL YOU WOULDN'T WANT WHAT I'M SELLING ANYWAY....
please do not assume this. we probably aren't 1/10th as picky as you think. nothing hurts worse than hearing that your own friends sold their stuff to some other store and got ripped off because they thought we wouldn't want it.
- YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT I WANT, CAN YOU GET IT?
99% of the time, yes! we are small and obviously cannot stock everything, but we can special order loads and loads of things, including vinyl. because we are a small nimble company, we can order lots of things that the other places in town can't. if you want me to stock something when it comes out, just let me know. if you don't ask, I can't read your mind. please ask.
- ARE YOUR SHOWS ALL AGES?
yes. all shows are and always will be all ages. music is for everyone and should be enjoyed by everyone. sadly, there aren't many all ages places in Charlotte.
- CAN I DRINK/SMOKE/SHOOT UP/SNORT LINES AT YOUR SHOWS?
no. see above. we're not a club. we have shows so that bands can play somewhere that people who have day jobs, children, etc. can come and enjoy things and check out things for free/cheap. hopefully then people will see that Charlotte actually has a lot of good bands and will then go pay to see them again at a club where you can smoke & drink all you want & everyone wins.
- WHERE'S YOUR PARKING LOT?
you can park on the side of the building (barber shop side), behind the building, or across the street in the Family Dollar parking lot. just don't park in front of the pawn shop and you'll be fine.
- ARE YOU HIRING?
not really, but if you are interested I'll keep it in mind for when I am.
- WELL DON'T YOU NEED HELP OR A DAY OFF?
yes, but I'm using whatever money I'm saving by killing myself to buy more cool shit for you to buy. a day off would be nice...
- WHAT'S WITH THE MONKEYS?
I like monkeys. leave me alone.
- OK. SO WHY ARE YOU ANSWERING YOUR OWN QUESTIONS?
some of these aren't my questions. actually, most aren't. and I'm bored.
- WHY DON'T YOU GO EAT SOME LUNCH?
I think I will. bye.
Show Booking FAQ:
- Yes, we are still doing shows. We will do shows as long as I'm here or someone tells me I can't do them anymore.
- Sorry if your band has written about a show and not responded.
I have a lot of other things to do before I get to the show scheduling
part of my job. It doesn't mean you should quit asking or that I think
your band sucks, just that we might already have a show or something
else going on. I have a band and life also so some days just aren't
good. Your band might suck too, though.
- If you have a "booking agent" or want a guarantee, 99% of the time you're not going to get a show unless I already know you directly somehow. Booking agents blow. We don't do guarantees because the shows are off of donations.
- We give bands 100% of all money we collect. All P.A. equipment, mics, speakers, etc. are purchased out of my own pocket. A lot of nights I have to also pay bands out of my own pocket. This is not because there aren't people here, but because some people refuse to donate. I don't make jack shit running a record store and make no money off of shows, so please donate. If you can't afford to give out of town bands $3 to $5 of your money, then please stay the fuck home and don't come to the show. Gas is expensive and karma will find you.
- This should go without saying, but please do not come here expecting it to be a rock club. We are a little store that moves stuff around and do shows at night. If you are expecting us to mic all of your drums or something you have been misled.
- There is no back room to store your stuff. Bands load in as they play. It sucks but it works just fine. We have to move a lot of stuff around to make room and it's a lot of work so don't be a jerk about Where do we play? You play in the back of the store on our little stage. If you are too punk to play on a 1 foot stage then I don't know what to tell you.
- Yes, you can buy stuff during the shows.
- All shows are all ages. You can't drink inside. Sorry. Too many jerks have spilled stuff on cds and records and not even apologized.
- Do not throw your trash outside or be a jackass and tag walls outside. I have to clean that up and paint over it. Not fun.
- We generally only do 3 band shows. 4 sometimes if people are sharing equipment.
Anything more than that takes too long, is a pain, and people get
tired. Stop with the mini-fest already.
- We book all kinds of bands, not just punk bands. Most of the shows end up being punk bands because they seem to care less about the "no drinking" rule. Such is the way of the world.
- If you are looking for a show please email us at: b o o k i n g @ l u n c h b o x r e c o r d s . c o m and put the word "BOOKING", your band name, and date in the subject line. If you don't do this, your email may go ignored or get thrown away. Please don't call about playing here unless the show is already booked. Please do not send us messages on Myspace about shows. Thanks!
- We prefer to not have to listen to things on Myspace as well, so if you want you can send demos, cds, cd-rs, records, etc to us at:
1419-A Central Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28205